One year ago today
Mangiabella was born
into the ever expanding blogosphere.
Who knew what a great adventure this would be,
how many amazing friendships would emerge?!
I am truly grateful.
So in the spirit of celebration,
I wanted to repost one of my favorite recipes
from one of my earliest posts
that just screams jubilee.
It's not that life is so short, it's that we wait so long to begin LIVING...
So come on...live a little...
take a break,
and dream a little fruiti-licious dream with me
Drunken Fruit Wedges w/Kiwi Cream
2 - 10" Flour Tortillas
1 Cup Strawberries, diced
1 Cup Mangos, diced
2 Tbsp of Grand Marnier*
*(or for those feeling a little less adventurous, you may substitute
Balsamic Vinegar for the Grand Marnier, it tastes fabulous)
4 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
kiwi cream *see below for recipe*
handful of fresh mint leaves
Oil for Frying
1) Cut tortillas pizza style into 12 triangles
2) toss strawberries and mangos with Grand Marnier and place in refrigerator at least 15 minutes,
the longer they marinate, the juicier they will be :)
3) In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar, then pour mixture onto a plate
4) Heat Oil in a frying pan until hot, appx. 350 degrees
5) drop chips in oil and fry in batches - fry flour chips appx. 1 minute
until just very lightly golden brown, and then flip -
you want them to be a little soft 'n' chewy but somewhat firm
6) lightly drain on a paper towel
7) toss chips in cinnamon sugar mix & plate
8) spoon marinated fruit on top of chips
9) top fruit with fresh kiwi cream *see below* and mint leaves
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
2 kiwis, pureed
In a small mixing bowl, beat whipping cream and slowly add powdered sugar. Continue to beat until stiff peaks appear.
Gently fold in kiwi puree, mangia!