Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Morning, I Couldn't Help But Think...

"Remember the prisoners as if chained with them—those who are mistreated…” Hebrews 13:3

Christmas morning.
Hands wrapped around my steaming, oversized mug of peppermint mocha.
Sitting on my soft, comfortable chaise lounge.
Reclined and relaxed against fluffy pillows in my warm, cozy living room. 
Snuggling next to my smiling husband,
watching eager children unwrap presents wrapped with love,
taking in the joy and laughter of those sweet memories in the making.

Yet amidst the crescendo of this undeniably jubilant atmosphere, 
I couldn’t help but think of the worsening plight 
of U.S. Citizen Saeed Abedini, and his wrongful imprisonment in Iran.

I couldn’t help but think of the mental and physical torment that he has endured
while being held captive in Evin Prison, Tehran, and even worse,
what he’s suffered in Rajai Shahr Prison, Karaj, which,
Jordan Sekulow describes as being "known in 
the international human rights community as the prison 
where prisoners of conscience are sent to disappear,”
the prison in which he was abruptly transferred to without explanation.

I couldn’t help but think about Saeed’s wife, Naghemeh,
and the incomprehensible pain of being separated 
from her husband for yet another Christmas,
with no clear understanding of whether or not
she will ever see her beloved again.

I couldn’t help but think about Saeed’s children,
frightened and in despair, longing for their father’s 
embrace, protection, and presence.

And I couldn’t help but think that if it were my husband,
how I could only hope that all of you, family, friends and citizens alike,
would help amplify my voice to fight for his freedom.
That if he were visiting a foreign country in an effort to help orphaned children,
and was seized without cause, thrown into prison unjustly, tortured and abused,
that you would not let him be forgotten.

Under no circumstance should a U.S. citizen be allowed 
to be imprisoned in a foreign country without cause.
Please consider joining the growing number of people globally fighting for Saeed’s release
by continuing to flood the social media pipeline with a call to action.
Sign the petitions, reach out for your congressmen, the white house, the news stations,
celebrities, athletes, and anyone you can think of who will help cry out for justice.



#freesaeed #savesaeed

Keep Shining Sweet Bellas!

2 comments:

  1. You have such a good heart. I am thankful for this reminder today. I am going to check into the links you passed along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. During our time of celebration, I appreciate your thoughts for someone who longs to celebrate like we are. Good thoughts.

    Warren

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails