"Your playing small does not serve the world...
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us."
~ M. Williamson
I was about 15 years old when I first learned of Antonio Stradivari, the famous violin maker who once said that "to make a violin less than his best would be to rob God, who could not make Antonio Stradivari's violins without Antonio." Touche.
Just as Antonio was blessed with certain gifts that no other artisan possessed, YOU too, sweet bellas, have been given certain gifts and talents that only you can do, and it is your duty, your purpose to do them.
I love how Max Lucado puts it, "In the great orchestra we call life, you have an instrument and a song, and you owe it to God to play them both sublimely."
So, play sweet bellas...
Play....Showcase your luster, spill over, Shine!
Don't let the noise and distractions of this world destroy your magnificent melody -
On that note, and for those who missed it or are new to this blog, I am once again sharing the recipe that seems to be the catalyst that sparked this adventure, the chile relleno ravioli...
This fusion recipe is sure to impress family and friends and is an absolute cinch to make. Every bite awakens the senses with a combination of savory and sweet with just enough heat and spice from the chile to tickle the taste buds all the while delivering a presentation that's visually stimulating and bursting with magnificent color.
Chile Relleno Ravioli
• 1 pound(s) of Wonton Wrappers
• 2 eggs slightly beaten with water
• 7 ounce(s) of Ricotta Cheese
• 4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup(s) of chopped green chile
• 1 tsp. of garlic powder
• 4 tbsp. of shredded Parmiggano Reggiano
• 4 Diced Roma Tomatoes
• 1/2 Purple Onion cut Fajita Style into slivers
• 2 Diced Mangos
• 1 handful of fresh italian flat leaf parsley
• 4 tbsp. of olive oil
• 1 diced clove of garlic
• 1 tbsp. of canola oil
• salt to taste
• black pepper to taste
1) In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, Ricotta Cheese, chopped green chile, & 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
2) In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs slightly with a splash of water to create "eggwash"
3) Lay One Wonton Wrapper onto cutting board and brush with "eggwash" in a square following the edges of the wonton wrapper.
4) Add a teaspoon of chile cheese filling in 4 spots in the corners of the wonton wrapper down just far enough to give room to seal the edges on all four sides of each filling spot.
5) Place another Wonton Wrapper on top and seal edges and seal well around each filling spot - press gently but firmly to seal well. Use a knife or ravioli cutter to cut into 4 raviolis along the sealed seams.
(Repeat steps 3-5 to create ravioli with remaining wonton wrappers and filling).
6) In a sautee pan over med to low heat, sautee 4 tbsp. of olive oil with one clove of garlic, 1/2 purple onion, the 4 roma tomatoes and salt to taste until onions become translucent,
then add the 2 diced mangos and sautee for a minute longer - turn off heat and cover to keep warm
7) Boil Raviolis in Water (with 1 tbsp. of canola oil and a small handful of salt) for 2 to 3 minutes. Lift gently on flat spatula with holes to drain water.
8) Plate Raviolis, cover with sauce on top, add italian flat leaf parsley, shredded Parmiggano Reggiano and black pepper to taste.
AND NOW.....a gift for YOU! Mangiabella would like to thank you wonderful bellas for journeying with me on this grand adventure.
With the help of one of my uber talented BFFs, Melanie Rivera, the mastermind and craftswoman behind Huggabugbaby, LLC, we are joining together to give away one of her remarkable creations to one of you lucky winners. Talk about gifts and talents, this woman's cup is overflowing with awe inspiring creativity and absolute brilliance and by golly she beautifies everything her heart and hands can hold. She has dreamed up and brought to life the most adorable lil tutus for toddlers you have ever laid your precious eyes upon, as well as unique hair accessories, hats, AND...she is a proud representative of Moby Wraps, the most amazing baby concoction I have ever used.
One sweet bella will win one of her custom tutus as shown above, here's how to enter:
1) You must be a follower
2) Invite 10 friends to become a follower of Mangiabella
3) Share this post on Facebook/Twitter (or both)
4)leave a comment below!
What a lovely gift this will make for one tiny lil bella :)
Winner will be chosen at random and announced next week