Sunday, August 8, 2010

Making Time for More "Time"...



Photobucket
It was the second week of May when I received the email...

Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz was hosting a contest looking for the best picnic friendly recipe, and contacted me to announce that my Mango Chile Chicken Pita Pockets was the grand prize winner of their adorable picnic backpack. You know the kind I'm talking about, the ones that hold the plates, utensils, napkins, wine opener and insulated section to hold your favorite wine and picnic fare.

My beloved and I have been wanting to celebrate, but our busy lives have pushed it to the back burner
~ and ~
now that I've purposed it in my heart to begin
simplifying,
streamlining our schedules,
and making time for more "time,"
it's on....
And so, I'm making plans.


.....a lover's picnic.....
.....dreaming outloud.....
.....wine.....
.....a meal.....
.....a handful of the favorites 
(Augustine, Lord Byron, CS Lewis).....
.....a glorious afternoon......
cheers!

Mango Chile Chicken Pita Pockets
ingredients:
4 Whole Wheat Pita Pockets
2 Cups of Cooked Chicken, Shredded
8 oz of cream cheese, softened
4 heaping tbsp. chopped green chile
1 tsp. garlic powder
4 tbsp. shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
4 Roma Tomatoes, diced
1/2 Purple Onion, diced
2 Diced Mangos
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp. of fresh italian flat leaf parsley
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
directions:
1) In a medium sized bowl, mix Cream Cheese, chopped green chile, and garlic powder.
2) In a separate bowl, mix tomatoes, onions, olive oil, mangos, parsley, parmigiano reggiano, and salt/pepper to taste to create garnish mix
3) Slice Pitas open and spread 2 oz. of chile cream cheese spread onto the bottom of each pita.
4) place 1/2 cup of shredded chicken evenly over cream cheese spread in each pita.
5) spoon even amounts of “garnish mix” and spread evenly over chicken in each pita
6) cut each pita in half, wrap to go, and place in picnic basket –
7)Mangia!



17 comments:

  1. Oooh, these sound great! I love pita bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great heat and sweet coolness to complement each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Fabulous recipe! Congratulations on the win! What a wonderful prize...looks to me that God had already been planning a way for you to slow down and spend valuable time with your love! Answered prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! no wonder you won that contest! this sounds so good. And the picnic? I mean, I don't want to be third wheel or anything...but can I come too? LOL. just kiddin' sista. It sounds like a beautiful time. Oh, and thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging comments!!!! that just made my day. waking up and reading all your notes...what a great way to start the day! big hugs to you! I hope your little man feels better soon:( big kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow....now that sounds like one delicious sandwich...I love the cream cheese spread, and your topping is a perfect blend of flavors! I can see why you won!! I do hope you are able to get some rest to enjoy a nice picnic and that your little one feels better, its a hard way to find out that he was allergic... I'm glad to see your back and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your win! It looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on winning! That's absolutely marvelous. We have one of those backpacks and have enjoyed it immensely. I love the pita packets too. What a glorious arrangement of colors and flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the win! I can see how you claimed the prize though, those tacos look amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm now following you back! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the win! These look delicious...a perfect picnic food. It's so hard to find time sometimes to step back and enjoy our accomplishments. Enjoy your picnic when you get the chance to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmn. I'm hungry now, but for "breakfast," plus I don't have any of the ingredients, but this looks YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in Winston Salem, the Piedmont area of the state, closer to the mountains than the coast. It is gorgeous here. Thanks for making your way through my posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look beautiful as well as delicious! Congrats on winning the picnic pack. You deserve it. And have fun on your romantic date... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations...they are mighty tasty looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats and I just gave you an award - come check it out

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo.. that sounds so wonderful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the win, that must feel great. These pita pockets look fantastic, I need to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts with Thumbnails